About the telehealth opportunity
Are you an experienced therapist looking to support a growing team of juniors? Do you have special interest areas and a unique skill-set that our team can learn from? You might be right for our team! A senior role at Pop comes with greater clinical and non-clinical responsibilities, including higher expectations for clinical hours, and portfolio management opportunities.
Pop is dedicated to our thriving company culture, and although you can work from wherever you want (literally!) we have great systems in place to ensure you are connected daily with the team, and feel supported as part of the ‘family’. We provide you with everything that you need to work remotely! You can also come in and work with the team if you are based in Brisbane.
Our aim is to create a highly skilled team and support each other. We take pride in providing the best possible service to our clients by combining our unique knowledge & experience. You may be a key part in upskilling the wider Pop team to ensure we continue to provide the best possible services to our families nation-wide!
Here’s the juicy stuff:
- Work part time or full time, whatever suits you!
- Mentoring opportunities as part of your senior role
- Paid maternity leave
- Formal in-house training for all staff in Orofacial Myofunctional (OM) Assessment, diagnosis, therapy & case management
- High salary competitive with government & NGO’s
- Bi-annual “Pop Academy” retreats (see our Instagram for recaps of Pop Academy x 2 from Jan & July Jan 2021!)
- Weekly support, SV and training
- Live & work anywhere – lots of flexibility in your role
- Grow as a professional along with our company
- Opportunities for internal promotions & pay rises
- Bonus provided $$
- Take part in portfolio responsibilities – e.g. develop P&P, work on QI and projects
- Monthly team building, coaching & bonding
- 50+ hours of in-house recorded telehealth professional development at your fingertips
- $1000+ yr individual PD allowance
- Additional $10k whole-team PD allowance for personal & professional development (including clinical training, team building & workshops)
What’s great about Pop?
- Work for a boss that is young, responsive & will listen to your feedback and requests. Nothing is off-limits and Heidi prides herself in practising full 360 feedback with all employees.
- Opportunities to develop your role in line with your special interests
- Work closely with your team leader & support your peers in supervision
- Manage your own caseload
- Flexible work hours – depending on your clients & caseload
- Quarterly performance reviews & collaborative goal setting with your team leader – coaching & support from experienced team members
- Work + travel (yes, this is possible!)
- All resources provided, including laptop & physical resources
- No germs! We love our clients, but we also enjoy greater workplace health & safety standards by controlling our own work environment & staying safe from bugs.
What’s great about the caseload?
We’re lucky to have a wonderful range of clients who call Pop home. We are 90% paediatric, 10% adults. We cover 2 hospitals, many schools, and many families all over Australia. Our therapists are happy to see a range of clients and clinical presentations. Our therapists have the opportunity to develop their skills IN-HOUSE by;
- Training in Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (OMT) & developing knowledge & skills in this special interest area
- Training and upskilling by senior Speech Pathologist with 20+ years of acute hospital experience in telehealth dysphagia competency
- Consolidating skills in paediatric feeding
- Delivering evidence-based synthetic phonics programs & high level literacy interventions.
- Taking a functional approach to the care of our NDIS clients who call Pop home – ranging from early intervention to adults with degenerative disease.
- Building your skills using AAC (via tele!)
- Consolidating your speech & language therapy skills using telehealth as a new & exciting service delivery method.
What’s great about you?
- You have been working for 10+ years (FTE) as a Speech Pathologist
- You are interested in mentoring & providing support to junior therapists
- You want to support Speech Pathology students on their learning journey
- You can easily complete 5-6 billable hours in one work day (25 – 30 billable hours/ week FTE)
- Even though you have experience, you are open to learning opportunities & learning “the Pop way”
- Excellent technology skills: you know zoom back-to-front and have no difficulty picking up new softwares
- Playful nature: you love having fun!
- Strong team culture: we work as a team daily & have full transparency within our team.
- You have a home office including mobile phone, internet, desk and chair
- Experience or keen interest in tele-therapy – happy to learn and grow in this space
- Flexibility in clinical practice and confidence in clinical decision making
- Keen interest in learning new things & challenging traditional Speech Pathology service delivery methods
- Qualifications in Speech Pathology and own professional indemnity insurance
- Current Speech Pathology Australia (SPA) membership
- Medicare provider number
- Deep understanding of cultural and linguistic diversity within Australia
What your day will look like…
Depending on your type of employment, your day could look very different! We are a fast-growing company and take pride in shaping roles around the strengths and weaknesses of our team members where possible.
Here’s a taste of a typical day in the life of a Pop Family Senior Speechie who works full time:
- Wake up
- Commute to the home office (or to the Pop office if you live in Brisbane!)
- Start around 7-8 am, depending on your caseload
- You’ll do around 5-6 hours of therapy in the day. Depending on your salary you might get a bonus for doing an additional 1-2 hours/ week. If you don’t want to hit this bonus, no worries!
- You’ll need some help finding a resource you’ll quickly send a few (slack) chat messages to our therapist channel, and get a response from 7 amazing therapists from across the country giving you hot tips about where to find resources, links to awesome free websites and offers to help you!
- You’ll be efficient and writes your notes during sessions or within 5 minutes of each session
- You’ll then complete 1 hour doing admin, report writing, emailing. You’ll also have a lunch break in there (wherever you want it)
- You’ll set 2 tasks for admin to follow up using our project management software – you’d like her to send one of your kids some stickers, and you need to send some literacy cards to another client before next week’s session.
- You’ll probably spend 30 minutes on our company chat app (slack) talking to your work mates and learning about their latest favorite resources, participating in case reviews & giggling at our “random” channel when someone posts a hilarious video of their pet!
- You’ll then sign off around 4:30 – 5:30 pm, depending on when you started & what your week looks like. If you are a casual employee this might be spaced out over a few days….
Aren’t sure you want to apply yet? Contact us via email or phone & our CEO Heidi will have a chat with you!
Phone: 0488 754 053